DIRECTLY REPORTS TO:
Food & Beverage Manager
DIRECT REPORT INCLUDES:
Bartenders, Servers, Server Assistants and Host/Hostess
The Club’s Food & Beverage Supervisor plays an important part in our operations to ensure the membership and their guests have an exceptional experience each time they visit the property. Our service staff facilitates service in both our dining room and private banquet areas of the Club. We pride ourselves on a fun working environment that is committed to delivering an exceptional experience in every wat to our members and guests.
1. Assists in scheduling personnel and plans dining room setup based upon anticipated guest counts and client needs.
2. Takes reservations, checks table reservation schedules and maintains reservation log.
3. Greets and seats members and guests.
4. Supervises dining room staff to help assure proper service; pours coffee and takes orders when necessary.
5. May serve as a bartender, host/hostess, server or server assistant, if needed.
6. Inspects dining room employees to ensure that they are in proper and clean uniforms at all times.
7. Hires, trains, supervise and schedules dining room staff.
8. Receives and resolves complaints concerning food, beverages and service.
9. Serves as liaison between the dining room and kitchen staff,
10. Assures that all side-work is accomplished and that all cleaning of equipment and storage areas is completed according to schedule.
11. Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding.
12. Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
13. Complete other appropriate work assignments as requested by the Food & Beverage Director.
14. Works with Food & Beverage Manager and the Food & Beverage Director and others to ensure efficient dining service in all of The Club’s outlets and for special functions.
15. Maintains all bar product and supplies inventory system for :
a. Wine, beer, liquor, non-alcoholics, mixers, glassware, etc.
16. Assures that all laws applicable to beverage operations are consistently followed.
1. Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
2. Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
3. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work through tasks independently.
4. Must maintain transparent communication with direct reports and subordinates.
5. Excellent organizational management skills.