Grounds Crew Member
Grounds Team Member
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO:
Assistant Grounds Superintendent
INDIRECTLY REPORTS TO:
Our grounds team members are responsible for and deliver the first impression of the Club by maintaining and manicuring the Club’s golf course, practice areas and general green spaces that are located at the property. Additionally, this position is tasked with special projects as necessary to provide the membership and their guests with a world class experience. The Kalamazoo Country Club is where excellence, community and vision come together.
- Be happy.
- Be engaging and interact with everyone.
- Come to work willing to learn and with an open mind.
- Communicate professionally and respectfully with everyone.
- Provide first class customer service.
- Execute manual labor, as necessary.
- Operate machinery, including industrial mowers, related to golf course operations.
- Trim trees, remove cuttings, and maintain leaf removal (in the fall and spring).
- Maintain landscape beds
- Prepare and lay sod as needed
- Load and unload materials
- Assist with drainage or irrigation projects
- Maintain course amenities (water coolers, trash cans, etc.)
- Clean equipment daily.
- Assist with maintenance projects as needed
- Perform other appropriate tasks as necessary
- Must have a team first mindset and maintain our culture at all costs
- Must have a team first attitude and approach.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work long hours while standing, stooping or leaning over.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be an extremely organized individual.
- Must be motivated and have the ability to work through tasks independently.
- Must have a welcoming personality.